Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Three long (short) years ago

My first contractions started a few minutes past 1am on the 24th of January, 2004.

I was so very excited to actually get the show on the road and meet my precious little one. At the same time, I was scared to death about what was to come. Too late, I guess. I was in for the long haul, I was sure of it.

About that same time, the anxious grandparents-to-be came rushing in, unable to wait any longer to see for themselves that I was really going to give them a granddaughter. In my emotional, scared, hormonal state, I quickly stomped into the room where hubby so blissfully sleeping away and ordered him to get rid of his parents. Once he got over the fuzzy brain from being woken up from a dead sleep in the middle of the night, he obliged me.

It was all so very much more than I thought it would be.



Just a few hours later, I was questioning my ability to deal with labor. Would I make it? Why in the WORLD do women choose to do this more than one time. There's no way I can make....



7:10 am--I know why women choose to do this more than once. As soon as I held my precious baby girl in my arms, it was all clear to me. I would do it five times over (maybe not all in the same day) just for her. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry, whether I should hold her close for fear that she might break, but knowing that if I didn't, I would break. My precious baby girl was in my arms.

My life would never be the same. I was in love.




1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

Aww...that made me tear up! Beautiful.