Wednesday, August 26, 2009

bad mommy award

Want to know a great way to feel like a terrible mommy? It's very simple, really. Just roll your ankle while walking down the stairs carrying your baby. Just that easy, you see the baby rolling on the floor with her head on the edge of the bottom step.

I hear from those who saw it happen, she really only rolled off of me onto the bottom stair, so I didn't really drop her. Not that it makes me feel much better. It all happened so fast I can't even remember if I tripped or what. I went from walking down the stairs to lying on my behind on the hard concrete watching my baby rolling on the ground. Made me feel like an awful mommy and it hurt my pride a bit, too. Not to mention my ankle.....

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

UGH!!! I'm scared of doing this every day on our wooden stairs going up and downstairs! Jackson fell down the stairs about a year ago and seeing him rolling down like that traumatized me! I'm sure baby has recovered perfectly- here's hoping her mommy can recover! =)