Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New baby news

No...not me...as far as I know. :)

My friend forever, Camille, had her baby boy! Camille and I met about 10 years ago, when we worked together, planned our weddings together 6 years ago and pick up where we left off no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other. She's since been divorced and is engaged to a wonderful new man, the baby's daddy.

After getting the call the other day saying that the baby was here, I immediately called hubby and told him to plan on watching B while I went to check out the new little one. I had just talked to Camille at 4-something the previous afternoon and there was nothing in the works, so it went pretty quickly for her. Baby Rayce was 7lb 4oz and 21 inches long. Holy cow, that is tiny! He just precious! Lots of hair and a double chin already. It's amazing how fast you forget that fresh baby feel....makes me kinda sad. :)

As soon as I walked into the hospital room, I saw somebody I recognized. For the first 5 minutes of my visit, we kept looking at each other with that "where do I know you from" look. He was from what seems like a previous life, though, and I couldn't quite place him. Apparently, it was the same way for him. :) Turns out we lived in the same dorm our first year of college and had a few mutual friends. Anywho, he's married to Camille's fiance's sister. Rather long convoluted line there. He and his wife had kids just about my girls' ages and are expecting again in December. Hopefully we'll be getting together sometime while Camille is on maternity leave and I can connect a few more dots with him. It's a bit irksome that I can't absolutely place him, ya know?

Mom & baby are doing wonderful and home adjusting well. I'm hoping to be able to visit very soon and go take a few pictures of the new little guy. He's just so sweet!

No comments: