Sunday, July 06, 2008

He even takes care of the little things

God is so good.

Leaving my brother's house this afternoon, kids buckled into the hot car without air conditioning. We were all sweating. Put the key in the ignition. Wouldn't even turn. Steering wheel is locked up, too.

I call hubby. (Always my first course of action.) ;) No answer.

Try some more. Then unbuckle kids and have them play in the shade in the yard while I work on it more.

Call my sister-in-law inside the house (because she's not answering the door.) No answer.

Try some more.

Eventually my sister-in-law comes out and we chat about frustrating car issues. Then she tells me that her old Toyota used to lock up like this and all she had to do was turn the steering wheel just right and it would unlock the ignition. AHA!!

It worked! Load everyone up again and we're off.

"Thank you, Lord, for taking care of us," B says on the way home. Amen!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Yep, my fairly new Expedition does the same thing sometimes. Glad it was an easy fix!