Wednesday, March 28, 2007

So...what do you do...

...when both girls are sleeping in the car?

Do you drive around until they wake up? Leave the car in the garage and let them sleep, risking one of the waking the other, while you come inside and get on the computer? ...or while you coming inside and take a nap? :) Get them each out of their seats and *hope* that they'll go back to sleep once you get them into their own beds? Leave the car running while you dash inside to pack up hubby's ebay item that needs to be mailed out, then frantically try to make it to the post office before traffic becomes overwhelming?

Well, since hubby had sold a card on ebay, and I HAD told him that I would mail it today and then proceeded to totally forget about it, that's what I did. Of course, I couldn't find the bubble wrap, then I couldn't find the packing tape. I kept poking my head out into the garage to see if either of the girls were awake, worrying that I wouldn't make it down the street before rush hour hit and it would take me twice as long. Then, it occurred to me that I had forgotten to put B in a pullup, so she very well could be soaking her carseat. I *hate* having to wash carseats.

2 comments:

SarahRachel said...

Yeah, I totally understand your question here! When Jackson falls asleep in the car it usually seems to be right before we get home instead of at the beginning of the errands. Sometimes I'll just drive and take random backroads. It's not the smartest thing to do with the cost of gas these days! ;)

Kristie said...

I would've done the same thing. In fact, I did something similar today! I haven't had to wash a car seat dover yet, but I'd take laundry over a cranky, non-napping baby ANY day. ;)