Sunday, March 04, 2007

"Hey, God"

B is standing on our bed right behind me saying, "Hey, God."

"God is eating, Mommy. He can't quite hear me."

I assure her that He can hear her.

"I'm trying to talk to Him because He's my friend."

I tell her to just talk to Him because He always hears us.

"Really loud?"

No, just in a regular voice, B. He can hear you. What are you wanting to talk to Him about?

"I want to tell Him to make the sun come up."

What did He say, B?

"That the sun will come up in the morning! It will be really bright." (she says with her hand above her eyes like she's shading them.)

So when we wake up in the morning, what will we do?

"We'll talk to God and tell Him 'you waked the sun up?' And then we'll say, 'Thank you, God!'"

*Part of this discussion took place with B standing on the bed with the curtain over her head, peeking out the window, so that she could try to see God.*

I love that girl!

2 comments:

SarahRachel said...

Aww! That's so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.